Bosch at AAPEX 2018
dic 17, 2018
Broadview, IL – Bosch Automotive Aftermarket returned to AAPEX in 2018 with a renewed focus on technology and resources aimed at helping technicians stay aware of vehicle service trends and repair advanced driver assistance systems. The show took place October 30 to November 1 at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas.
In addition to new repair resources and tech talks, the Bosch booth housed the newest parts, tools and equipment from the company’s automotive aftermarket brands, including:
- Video walls that welcoming technicians and shop owners with training and info on Bosch ICON windshield wiper blades, Bosch powertrain solutions, and tools and equipment from OTC and Robinair
- Bosch’s new ADAS calibration kits, complete with target boards, diagnostic tool and stand to calibrate forward-facing camera-based systems
- The new Bosch ADS 325 and ADS 625 professional diagnostic scan tools
- New AC recover, recycle and recharge machines from Robinair for servicing large-capacity, mass-transit and passenger vehicle AC systems using R-134a, R-1234yf or other refrigerants
- OTC specialty service tools to save techs time on complicated jobs
Check out some of the highlights:
On Thursday, November 1, Bosch hosted AAPA technicians for training on engine management, commodities, braking components, A/C equipment and diagnostic tools at the booth. The short training sessions were open to all Alliance installers and introduced technicians to new Bosch products and tools that will help them work more efficiently such as Shop-Ware and PartsTech.
While at the booth, service center owners had the opportunity to enter to win the Harley-Davidson, a Bosch ADS 625 professional diagnostic scan tool, register for the extra Loyalty Program and enter into a sweepstakes for a chance to win 1,000,000 extra points.
Just over a month after the 2018 AAPEX show, Bosch has delivered a 2017 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic to Leon Anderson of Beloit, WI. Anderson is the winner of the 2018 Robert Bosch AAPEX Event sweepstakes, selected at random from more than 900 Automotive Aftermarket Parts Alliance (AAPA) members visiting the Bosch booth. The motorcycle is powered by Harley-Davidson’s new Milwaukee Eight 107 C.I. motor and incorporates GPS, Bluetooth connectivity and a touch screen infotainment system. Anderson added a slip-on exhaust and custom lights, mirrors and handlebars.
He took delivery on Saturday, December 8 with representatives from Bosch and the AAPA present to congratulate him on his new motorcycle.
The Bosch ADS 625 professional diagnostic scan tool was won by Darren Buehrer of Lansing, MI. A Bosch Technical Sales Manager will delivered the tool to Buehrer on Monday, December 17, providing training and assistance to one of the first owners of the tool in North America.